Custom Post Editor Messes Up My Topics

no_avatar
man_o_man

Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:46 pm • via Web
Unexplained Font Size Change 2.png
Guys,

Please see the attached screenshot where the topic I created on my phpBB board has the lower part (that starts with the line Driver's Quarters" in a bigger font size than the upper part, and no matter how many times I select all the text, from top to bottom, and I try to change the font size - to tiny, to small, to normal, to large, to huge, and back to normal, or back to small, or back to large, or whatever, the font size always stays much bigger on the bottom text than the upper text. I asked the author of my theme, RAVAIO, and he says this:

"That's how your custom post editor that you have on your board works unfortunately. I would suggest trying a different one."

Unfortunately, I am not technical at all, so I have no idea where this custom post editor comes from, whether it is built into phpBB 3.3, or from some other application, and where do I find and get another "custom post editor" that works flawlessly?

Please help asap as my board is starting to look very bad. UPDATE: One techie at phpBB says that he thinks I may be using the CBB Editor, which is why I am posting this here
IvanPF
Administrator

Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:32 pm • via Web
Hi,

Your profile on this site does not record that cBB Editor has been downloaded.
Anyway, in case you have downloaded it from an unofficial site, enter the administration panel of your forum and, in "customize > Extensions" check what extensions you have installed and, if possible, put that list here to help you .
no_avatar
man_o_man

Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:24 am • via Web
Here is a list of all my current extensions on my board, which can be found on
https://www.buzzie.info
I hope someone can finally help me solve this problem.

Enabled Extensions
Advertisement Management 2.0.3 Details Disable
Amazon Affiliate 1.1.0 Details Disable
Auto Groups 2.0.3 Details Disable
Board Rules 2.1.2 Details Disable
Category Background Image 1.0.1 Details Disable
cBB Editor 1.0.0 Details Configure | Disable
Collapsible Forum Categories 2.0.0 Details Disable
Cron Status 3.1.3-dev Details Disable
Feed post bot 1.0.11 Details Disable
First post on every page 2.0.2 Details Disable
Google Analytics 1.0.5 Details Disable
Google Search 3.2.4 Details Disable
Imgur 1.3.1 Details Disable
List subforums in columns 2.1.0 Details Disable
Pages 2.0.4 Details Disable
phpBB Media Embed PlugIn 1.1.1 Details Disable
phpBB Topic Prefixes 1.0.0 Details Disable
Ravaio Configuration 2.3.2 Details Disable
Share On 2.0.1 Details Disable
Disabled Extensions
VigLink 1.0.5 Details Enable | Delete data
Clipboard Image 2.0.1 Details Enable
PlanetStyles Flight Deck (v2) 2.0.4 Details Enable
IvanPF
Administrator

Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:01 pm • via Web
Ok, you have cBB Editor installed, although you have not downloaded it from this site (or at least, you have not done it with your current user).

The error with the sizes of the letters is because phpBB works with sizes in percentage and not in fixed sizes and that causes that the editor does not work well with that.
In the current version, to change the size of a text, before applying the new size, you must use the editor's "Remove Format" tool to remove the old size.

This problem will be fixed in the next version. The only options that exist at the moment are, use the option "remove format" that I mentioned before or disable cBB Editor and use the default editor of phpBB.

There are more editors of this style, but I have not seen any that work well because, at the moment, none are prepared to work 100% in phpBB
no_avatar
man_o_man

Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:29 am • via Web
So I disabled CBB Editor, and after I did that, all the text that i had posted here earlier was no longer viewable, so I enabled it again, but this time all the text that had disappeared did NOT re-appear, and is still not viewable in Edit mode. So I cannot edit what I cannot see.

The text is of course viewable after I exit from the Edit mode.
no_avatar
man_o_man

Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:13 am • via Web
Can anyone here provide a step-by-step guide on what to do after enabling CBB Editor again so that all my text will be visible again as it was before, regardless of the different text sizes which I will just live with for now. I am not technical at all, and have no idea how to configure this CBB editor so that I can use it again.
IvanPF
Administrator

Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:24 pm • via Web
So I disabled CBB Editor, and after I did that, all the text that i had posted here earlier was no longer viewable, so I enabled it again, but this time all the text that had disappeared did NOT re-appear, and is still not viewable in Edit mode. So I cannot edit what I cannot see.

That is so weird. With the editor disabled, the text has to be displayed.
Do you have a test user that I can use to see the issue on your forum?