cBB Chat v1.2.0 + FLATBOOTS ... Remove Dark Theme?

no_avatar
little

Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:17 am • via Web
When I updated my cBB Chat on my phpBB site running FLATBOOTS theme I found that it is automatically enabling "dark theme" on the chat. I do not have "dark theme" enabled on my site. The rest of the site is bright and white but the chat is showing up with black backgrounds and such

How do I disable "dark theme" for the chat?
IvanPF
Administrator

Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:44 pm • via Web
Hi,

Two questions:
Have you updated both the chat and the adaptation of the style?
Have you made any changes to the style?

PD: A capture or the link to see it would be fine in this case
no_avatar
little

Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:51 pm • via Web
I went through and I do believe my phpbb version, theme version, and cbb chat are all up to date.

I've made no changes to the theme since updating or anything. The previous cbb chat version installed seamlessly with my site and integrated beautifully. I don't know what I've done

I went through the theme file for the chat and attempted to change the dark theme colors so that it would be a little less, well, dark on my site but it looks very messed up at this point. I'm not sure why it thinks I have a dark theme enabled. I have purchased multiple plugins from sitesplat (for FLATBOOTS theme) but I never did purchase or install the dark theme option.
IvanPF
Administrator

Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:24 pm • via Android
The dark theme of the chat is set in base of the style background color and style text color.
I need to see your forum to detect the problem
no_avatar
little

Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:05 pm • via Web
Sure.

Will you please remove the link to the site after you see this?

*Removed*

Thank you for your time.
IvanPF
Administrator

Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:37 pm • via Web
You have a custom background with a "dark" color that I believe is the cause of the problem (It really is a dark gray, but it recognizes it as a dark color)
This is not possible to change it in the current version without changing the whole package, but I will try to solve it in the next version.

The only thing you can do right now to correct it is to remove the css that refers to the "dark theme".
I attached the already modified chat.css file.
Upload it to the folder /ext/canidev/chat/styles/FLATBOOTS/theme/ and clear the cache from the ACP.
Attachments
chat.css
(14.83 KB) Downloaded 158 times
no_avatar
little

Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:15 pm • via Web
Thank you so very much for looking at it for me. I really appreciate all that you do. You are very good at supporting your work.

Thank you!