CBB Editor issue

no_avatar
Swamp_Monkey

Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:18 pm • via Web
Okay, so if I cut and paste an image into the editor, I get a message indicating that the message has too many characters.

Example (FLATBOOTS):

I understand why when I hit the "view source" button:

Ideally, shouldn't the editor just be putting the URL of the image between the IMG tags?

Other than that, I love the editor, but this is a deal-breaker for me. It's useless for me if I want to paste images into my posts. I mean, I guess I can set the character limit to unlimited, but that doesn't seem efficient.
IvanPF
Administrator

Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:31 pm • via Web
Hi,

Do you mean an internet image or an image of your computer?
no_avatar
Swamp_Monkey

Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:39 pm • via Web
Any image I copy from the internet. For example, if I right-click on an image and select "Copy Image," and then paste it into the editor, it will appear correctly in the editor box but then when I hit "Submit" I get the issues above.

I tried it in Canidev demo forum as well with the same result.
no_avatar
Swamp_Monkey

Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:12 pm • via Web
I discovered in the demo forum that dragging-and-dropping an image has the desired results. It's only when you copy and paste an image that you get the long string of data between the img tags.
no_avatar
Swamp_Monkey

Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:23 pm • via Web
So apparently this is a common issue among WYSIWYG editors. I think particularly relevant to this issue is the following discussion about the same situation in SCEditor:

https://github.com/samclarke/SCEditor/issues/386

I'm not smart enough to figure out what the solution is.

CKEditor-based extensions (Simple WYSIWG and RinEditor, which is still in development) don't have this issue. Nor do editors in the big commercial forum scripts (I think Xenforo,for example, uses Redactor).
no_avatar
Swamp_Monkey

Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:50 pm • via Web
Sorry to keep posting about this, but I thought this information may be helpful.

Pasting into the editor with Microsoft Edge will insert the URL of the image between the IMG tags. Firefox and Chrome, however, paste the image data.