[cBB Chat 1.1.0] The permission role does no exists

IvanPF
Administrator

Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:57 pm • via Web
Error message: The permission role "" unexpectedly does not exist

If you change the names of the default forum roles, it's possible that appears this error in the installation of the extension.

To solve, do this before install the extension:
1. Open the file /ext/canidev/chat/migrations/release_1_1_0.php
2. Find:
Code: Select all
         array('permission.permission_set', array('ROLE_ADMIN_STANDARD', 'a_chat')),
         array('permission.permission_set', array('ADMINISTRATORS', 'u_chat_archive', 'group')),
         array('permission.permission_set', array('ADMINISTRATORS', 'u_chat_ignoreflood', 'group')),

array('permission.permission_set', array('ROLE_USER_FULL', 'u_chat_delete')),
         array('permission.permission_set', array('ROLE_USER_FULL', 'u_chat_edit')),
         array('permission.permission_set', array('ROLE_USER_FULL', 'u_chat_post')),
         array('permission.permission_set', array('ROLE_USER_FULL', 'u_chat_sendpm')),
         array('permission.permission_set', array('ROLE_USER_FULL', 'u_chat_view')),

array('permission.permission_set', array('ROLE_MOD_FULL', 'm_chat_delete')),
         array('permission.permission_set', array('ROLE_MOD_FULL', 'm_chat_edit')),

3. Replace with:
Code: Select all
         array('permission.permission_set', array('ADMINISTRATORS', 'a_chat', 'group')),
         array('permission.permission_set', array('ADMINISTRATORS', 'u_chat_archive', 'group')),
         array('permission.permission_set', array('ADMINISTRATORS', 'u_chat_ignoreflood', 'group')),

array('permission.permission_set', array('REGISTERED', 'u_chat_delete', 'group')),
         array('permission.permission_set', array('REGISTERED', 'u_chat_edit', 'group')),
         array('permission.permission_set', array('REGISTERED', 'u_chat_post', 'group')),
         array('permission.permission_set', array('REGISTERED', 'u_chat_sendpm', 'group')),
         array('permission.permission_set', array('REGISTERED', 'u_chat_view', 'group')),

array('permission.permission_set', array('GLOBAL_MODERATORS', 'm_chat_delete', 'group')),
         array('permission.permission_set', array('GLOBAL_MODERATORS', 'm_chat_edit', 'group')),
no_avatar
cisco007

Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:55 pm • via Web
i don't remember ever changing it, but i changed it to the code you suggested and i still get the same error
IvanPF
Administrator

Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:05 pm • via Web
I changed the first message with new change. Please, try now again.
no_avatar
cisco007

Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:08 pm • via Web
i guess there might be something wrong with my forum since it was updated from phpbb 3.0.12 to 3.1.2 but neither of those changes worked
IvanPF
Administrator

Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:58 pm • via Web
It's strange what happens to you.

Does this bug only occurs with the chat extension?
no_avatar
cisco007

Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:09 pm • via Web
yeah, only with that one all the others are fine
IvanPF
Administrator

Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:30 pm • via Web
I can't duplicate the same error in a test forum so, I think that the only way to check this is that you give me FTP access to your forum.
It's something that I review for free to discover if error is in the chat or in your forum.

If you agree you can send the data by email. Otherwise, I can return the amount paid for the chat.
no_avatar
cisco007

Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:48 am • via Web
i will try it on another test forum, i tried installing this on a forum converted from an old phpbb 3.0.12 forum, so something is wrong with it i guess, if i can't worki it out i will give you the info you need
IvanPF
Administrator

Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:26 pm • via Web
I installed a phpBB 3.0.12 forum and I've converted it to phpBB 3.1.3.
Then I installed the cBB Chat extension and everything worked well.

The test you can do is to remove the permissions by removing lines made earlier in the file release_1_1_0.php
This will cause the chat not set permissions on the installation so you'd have to do it later from the ACP

Note:Before the test, enter in ACP > Customize > Extensions and do clic in the link "Delete data" in the Chat row (if it appears).
no_avatar
cisco007

Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:36 pm • via Web
i just did what you said, i deleted those line enabled the chat, then i added permissions manually! thanks!