[cBB Blokcgets 1.0.2l] a few things

no_avatar
leschek

Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:43 pm • via Web
First I would like to thank you for this awesome update.
I hope I can write it all to one topic.
During testing and translating of the MOD I found a few small problems or was thinking about improvements I would like to see in it.

1. I'm translating the MOD and to check the translation of it I ran the installer and it seems that it runs only in English (Default language of my testing forum is Czech and my language (in UCP) also). I copied the files with translation into language/cs (folder with my lang) directory.

2. Share (Soc. networks) block - If you put this block on side (with default width) and use the small buttons, the FB button writing runs out of the block.

3. Choosing forums in a few blocks - Maybe I'm missing something, but it seems a bit confusing, because in Recent Topics block you don't have to select any forum to show topics from all of them on block ("If you do not select any, it will use all the forums"), but if you don't select any forum in News block or Announcements block it will not show posts on block (only global announcement if you select it in Announcement block).

4. News Block - Would be possible to make pagination on this block, so Admin can choose for example 50 last topics and 5 topics per page (it will not make page so high like now)?

5. Pages - I like the feature, but I would like to use it with existing pages made by another MODs (gallery, blog etc.) - it seems it is not possible now.

6. Copy block(-s) to another page - This can save lot of time when you want to put for example 3 blocks in left column on 3 pages.

7. Block overview - If I open the page with all the blocks on it it would be great if I can see on the blocks who can see them (I have not idea how to implement it to fit it on the blocks - maybe first letter of group)

8. Language file - acp.php - 'PAGES_BLOCKS_TITLE' => 'Manage blocks of page', shouldn't be here variable with page name?

9. Where I can translate the word "Portal" (in my language we use "Portál" -it's with short line above "A") which appears on the top of page before "Board Index" ("Portal ‹ Board index" - I think it's called Breadcrumb navigation).
IvanPF
Administrator

Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:41 pm • via Web
1. I'm translating the MOD and to check the translation of it I ran the installer and it seems that it runs only in English (Default language of my testing forum is Czech and my language (in UCP) also). I copied the files with translation into language/cs (folder with my lang) directory.

The installer only accept the original languages (English and Spanish). If you want to translate it into another language you have to translate all the mod files, place them in the appropriate folder and edit the file "/blockgets/install/index.php"
Find:
Code: Select all
$installer->package_langs   = array('en', 'es');

Add your language into the array.

2. Share (Soc. networks) block - If you put this block on side (with default width) and use the small buttons, the FB button writing runs out of the block.

I'll check this problem.

3. Choosing forums in a few blocks - Maybe I'm missing something, but it seems a bit confusing, because in Recent Topics block you don't haveto select any forum to show topics from all of them on block ("If you do not select any, it will use all the forums"), but if you don't select any forum in News block or Announcements block it will not show posts on block (only global announcement if you select it in Announcement block).

The "news_block" or "Announcement block" needs a forum to read the topics. (required). But, the "recent_topics_block" not need a specific forum because as recent topics can be considered the topics of all forums. So it acts differently.

4. News Block - Would be possible to make pagination on this block, so Admin can choose for example 50 last topics and 5 topics per page (it will not make page so high like now)?

I will study this possibility but I do not include it in this version (1.0.2)

5. Pages - I like the feature, but I would like to use it with existing pages made by another MODs (gallery, blog etc.) - it seems it is not possible now.

If the mod uses a physical page (a file located in the root of phpbb) you really can.
When adding a new page, you can see the option "Page file". If the mod file appears in the list you must read this documentation: docs.php?i=cbb-blockgets-v1.0.2#page_file

6. Copy block(-s) to another page - This can save lot of time when you want to put for example 3 blocks in left column on 3 pages.

I will implement this in the next version.

7. Block overview - If I open the page with all the blocks on it it would be great if I can see on the blocks who can see them (I have not idea how to implement it to fit it on the blocks - maybe first letter of group)

I will study this option.

8. Language file - acp.php - 'PAGES_BLOCKS_TITLE' => 'Manage blocks of page', shouldn't be here variable with page name?

The page name appears in the description, just below the title.

9. Where I can translate the word "Portal" (in my language we use "Portál" -it'swith short line above "A") which appears on the top of page before "Board Index" ("Portal ‹ Board index" - I think it's called Breadcrumb navigation).

Opps! Big Bug. To quick repair, open "/includes/acp/acp_blockgets_pages.php"
Find:
               case PAGE_HOME:
               case PAGE_FORUM:
                  unset($display_vars['page_alias']);
                  unset($display_vars['page_title']);
               break;

Replace with:
               case PAGE_FORUM:
                  unset($display_vars['page_title']);

// no break

case PAGE_HOME:
                  unset($display_vars['page_alias']);
               break;

And change the "homepage" title in the ACP. The title will appears on the top of page.
no_avatar
leschek

Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:02 pm • via Web
Thank you for the reply and support
Admin wrote:edit the file "/blockgets/install/index.php"

$installer->package_langs   = array('en', 'es');

Add your language into the array.

It's working, but wouldn't be easier for users if they can write the language code somehow into field during (on beginning of) the installation.

Admin wrote:The "news_block" or "Announcement block" needs a forum to read the topics. (required). But, the "recent_topics_block" not need a specific forum because as recent topics can be considered the topics of all forums. So it acts differently.

For me (end user of the MOD - not coder) it looks the same. I mean if I choose recent topics from all forums and news from all forums they show exactly the same topics (off course they show it in different way - only title or part of the post, but it's from the same topic). Only difference is how I select the forums in block setting.

Admin wrote:If the mod uses a physical page (a file located in the root of phpbb) you really can.
When adding a new page, you can see the option "Page file". If the mod file appears in the list you must read this documentation: docs.php?i=cbb-blockgets-v1.0.2#page_file

Awesome. I tried it and it works. It's opening a lot of new possibilities.

Admin wrote: 8. Language file - acp.php - 'PAGES_BLOCKS_TITLE' => 'Manage blocks of page', shouldn't be here variable with page name?

The page name appears in the description, just below the title.

Yes, I know (it took me while to find out what page I'm editing, when I opened it first time), but first thing that appeared on my mind was that there is something missing. There are names when you edit pages or block, only here is not name in headline:

Admin wrote:Opps! Big Bug. To quick repair, open "/includes/acp/acp_blockgets_pages.php"

It's working now.
IvanPF
Administrator

Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:11 pm • via Web
It's working, but wouldn't be easier for users if they can write the language code somehow into field during (on beginning of) the installation.

Is an option that I might will include in the next version.

Yes, I know (it took me while to find out what page I'm editing, when I opened it first time), but first thing that appeared on my mind was that there is something missing. There are names when you edit pages or block, only here is not name in headline:

You're right, it should look like in the other pages. I will correct in the next version.