the cat works disappears when I re actualize the page

IvanPF
Administrator

Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:18 pm • via Web
This web dont' have private messages.
You can send me the access to my email: ivanpf@canidev.com or you can put in a message, with the bbcode [ private ][/ private ] (only visible for topic author and me)
no_avatar
abcve

Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:00 pm • via Web
my problem is still not solved.
when I connect the chat appears only once and after it disappears when I re refresh the page from where can the problem come please?
Leinad4Mind

Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:43 pm • via Web
I beleive abcve host doesnt support cBBChat. I had problems on my share host too. It seemed like the chat was too much heavy. But it shouldnt be.
no_avatar
abcve

Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:32 pm • via Web
I think it's a display problem.
Leinad4Mind

Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:38 pm • via Web
I've done some tests, and it seems that if we've many smilies, and bbcodes, that doesn't help at all. It would be great if we had an option to disable the smilies at ACP. And all the smilies are being loaded, and it should only be loaded the ones that we marked to be shown. All others should not be visible.
For people with more then 400 smilies (I've almost 800) it would make a huge difference on the loading. And I bet this is the main problem for abcve.

Edit: so I've edit chat.php and find:
Code: Select all
FROM ' . SMILIES_TABLE . '

And add after:
WHERE display_on_posting = 1

No more erros on console after this. But still, sometimes the chat doesnt appear. But the page is fully loaded... and no errors on console... Strange...
no_avatar
abcve

Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:14 pm • via Web
I tested what you posted but it did not change anything.
no_avatar
abcve

Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:41 pm • via Web
the cat is working properly on prosilver theme, but on flatboot does not work.
Leinad4Mind

Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:22 pm • via Web
abcve wrote:I tested what you posted but it did not change anything.

The code I posted will reduce a LOT the load time for forums that have a LOT of smilies. And solve console errors that existed since the browser is not able always to download all the +400 smilies. (I dont want to imagine those with +1000 smilies). Thats it.

And as I said, in my case it didnt solve either the main problem of the chat didnt appear always. It seems you've the same problem as I. And yes, it works perfectly on prosilver.
Leinad4Mind

Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:43 pm • via Web
I've install a fresh forum with just FLATBOOTS and cBB Chat and it works perfectly. So there is some other extension that we both have that is ruining this adaptation. I'll try to debug which extension is the culprit.
Leinad4Mind

Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:24 pm • via Web
Ok, I check all extensions and its not an extension problem...

But I've found the culprit. Its the head.load from the sitesplat styles. This solution worked for me:

IvanPF wrote:I think that is a problem with the headjs lib that include the FLATBOOTS style.
Please, try with this:

For blockgets:
1. Open /ext/canidev/blockgets/styles/FLATBOOTS/template/event/overall_footer_body_after.html
2. Find:
head.ready(function () {

3. Replace with:
head.ready('jblockgets.js', function () {

For chat:
1. Open /ext/canidev/chat/styles/FLATBOOTS/template/event/overall_footer_after.html
2. Find:
head.ready(function () {

3. Replace with:
head.ready('jchat.js', function () {

After this changes, clear the cache in the ACP.

This tricks solve the problem in my side. I needed to apply on blockgets but not on chat. In case you use only the chat, then maybe apply just the chat change and it may work for you.
Last edited by Leinad4Mind on Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Previous Next