HTTP Error 500

Shaneee

Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:37 pm • via Web
Hey guys. So I've updated my forum to phpBB 3.2.0 and it seems to be working fine. The only thing that isn't is when I try access the Customise module in the ACP. I get an HTTP ERROR 500. I can change the extensions settings just fine. But when I try access the chat setting I get the HTTP error too which leads me to believe this is the issue. The chat is still working on the board but is the older version. I updated the chat files to the new version but then it doesn't show and on the main chat page I get the no function for /Get/Chat or something. I can't access the Customise module to disable it and delete data. What can I do?

Thanks,
Shane
IvanPF
Administrator

Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:46 am • via Web
Hi,

The chat should not cause any error in the "Customize" tab but, If you want to try disabling it, open your database (phpMyAdmin or similar) and, do this SQL query:
Code: Select all
UPDATE phpbb_ext SET ext_active = 0 WHERE ext_name = 'canidev/chat';

After this, go to ACP and clear the cache.

Note: if your table prefix isn't "phpbb_" change "phpbb_ext" to the name of your table.
Shaneee

Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:32 pm • via Web
That didn't help. Where is the extension data stored? I could try deleting it manually. I've also noticed with the updated chat files the chat doesn't load. But with the older version it does. It's also only the Main configuration settings I can't open. The others load fine. Main config also show the error 500.
IvanPF
Administrator

Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:15 pm • via Web
To remove manually all the data of the chat, do this:

1. First, open ACP > System > Administration Control Panel > Extensions > Chat and delete the 4 modules. After this, delete the module "Chat"
2. Do this queries in the database (remember change the prefix of the tables if it isn't phpbb_):

Delete the extension entry:
DELETE FROM phpbb_ext WHERE ext_name = 'canidev/chat';

Delete chat tables:
DROP TABLE phpbb_chat_messages, phpbb_chat_pages, phpbb_chat_rooms, phpbb_chat_texts, phpbb_chat_users;

Delete the config values:
DELETE FROM phpbb_config WHERE config_name LIKE 'chat_%';

Delete permissions:
DELETE FROM phpbb_acl_options WHERE auth_option = 'a_chat' OR auth_option LIKE 'u_chat_%' OR auth_option LIKE 'm_chat_%';

After this, clear the cache in the ACP.
Shaneee

Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:06 pm • via Web
Ok I fixed it by reinstalling the board. The above didn't work. Now v1.1.2 is installed but It's not showing on the index or the separate chat page.
IvanPF
Administrator

Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:24 pm • via Web
If you executed these queries correctly, the chat is uninstalled complety and the error in your forum is other.

Now v1.1.2 is installed but It's not showing on the index or the separate chat page.

Do you see any error messages?
Shaneee

Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:39 pm • via Web
No there aren't any errors show, Fixed it now. I had to update my style edits for it to show. All working now. Thanks for your work Ivan