cbbchat 1.0.1 theoretically installed, but nothing appear

no_avatar
jeges

Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:04 pm • via Web
Hello!

My board is relatively clean, only few mods installed flawlessly (including couple of yours (follower, blog, quickmod)
but, the chat don't want to work.
I've followed the instructions, went everything well, I see it in ACP, but nowhere else.
I see only "Chat" in header when I logged in as admin (lower level users don't see chat link)

If I click there, chat.php I see only the header and my footer, nothing else is there ... when I force autoconnect to yes in ACP tab a java popup appears on every visit
2015-12-01 21_02_17-Your new phpBB board • Chat.jpg

Any idea how to fix it?
thanks for your work & help
IvanPF
Administrator

Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:53 pm • via Web
Hi,

What style do you have installed on the board?
no_avatar
jeges

Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:44 pm • via Web
the default one (prosilver)

I forgot to mention there was a little issue with install (last step), didn't make screenshot about it. Installed was successful, I clicked to the finish(may be next) and I got a lots of error, it said it don't found or empty file chat_footer.html ... it was missed adm/style/chat, I found it and copied there and everything seems to be fine, after all, I checked your zip file, and there is no chat_footer.html in that directory.

So I think this is irrelevant, just forgot to mention before, any idea?
Thanks for trying help me, I'd like to figure out the fastest method, good for both of us ... temporarily teamviewer, and you check whatever you want I'm sure that is just a little something, but I'm not webpage-tshooter guy
IvanPF
Administrator

Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:05 pm • via Web
I need the url of your forum.

If you don't want to put it publicly here, You can send it to my email ivanpf@canidev.com
no_avatar
jeges

Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:16 pm • via Web
of course ... mail sent with your credentials
IvanPF
Administrator

Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:51 pm • via Web
In your file "/prosilver/template/overall_footer.html" i can't find this change:

Find:
Code: Select all
   </div>

<div id="page-footer">

Add before:
Code: Select all
<!-- IF not $CHAT_LOADED --><!-- INCLUDE chat/chat_footer.html --><!-- ENDIF -->

Please, check it.
no_avatar
jeges

Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:29 pm • via Web
well done, you're right, can't believe ... weird, btw it is totally in, there was a "couple" of modifications on that day, only one miss and don't work nice catch
I've purged the cache and for now, @admin is able to click to chat button and the chat appears as we expected, but still no on else can do it
If I call manually the chat.php it redirects me to back to index.php
I've checked chat settings, nothing wrong there (I think), any idea?
IvanPF
Administrator

Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:39 pm • via Web
Have you checked chat permissions in ACP > Permissions > Group Permissions> {your group} > Advanced > Chat?
no_avatar
jeges

Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:04 pm • via Web
I owe you
pretty recess place, I don't think I ever found it without your help... I just recently investigate session.php behaviour, because there is a mod to get the chat link, only to admin got the right index.php which contains it ... everything fine now
for 3 years I "rent" the backend from IPB, now I bored it to paid for, I thought it easy to DIY
just let me know if I you need any help to cisco device configuration implement/tshooting anything
thanks again!